Friday, March 28, 2008

Regal and Red bloomin' flowers


Hi!! This is my first card using my new Bloomin' Beautiful set from the Occasions Mini and can I just say how much I *love* this set! You're guaranteed to make a beautiful card with any stamp in this set and it is so much fun to color! I used my SU markers for all of the coloring. On the main image, I stamped it onto shimmery white cs (wish you could see the sparkle on this!) and took my real red marker and only colored in some of the darker, more shaded parts of the flowers. Then I went over everything else with my regal rose marker. I went over the areas next to the real red 2 or 3 times so that it blended better. I used summer sun for the flower centers and artichoke and olive for the leaves. I used just a little bit of rust and cocoa on the pot and filled the rest in with caramel. Oh, and I used caramel for the shading under the pot. You know how much I adore faux stitching, but decided to only do a little here and there one this one, except for the longer cocoa panel. On the sentiment, I inked up the bee from this set in red, stamped it off once, then stamped onto the middle of the sentiment. For the Ways to use it challenge, we had to spray or spritz something, so I used my color spritzer to add caramel to the main image and sentiment. And I think that's pretty much all of the details, so I hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping by!
card info: stamps ~ bloomin' beautiful, always, short and sweet. paper ~ regal rose, red, cocoa, shimmer white and ww. ink ~ stazon black, cocoa. access. ~ markers, piercer, hardware, gingham.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I do like it and wonderful coloring. This set keeps calling my name! Stacy

DoxieGirl said...

It totally amazes me how I *miss* some of these stamp sets when I flip through the catalog! This is one of them - I don't think this is really my style, but I adore what I've seen with it! I also really like the Essence of Love set from this mini too! Again, only because of what I've seen made with it!
Anyways - I might just have to get this set now! Hmm... or should I be good? Being good is just not that fun though! :)
~Kendra

Judy Rozema said...

This is certainly beautiful!!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS