Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A lovely color challenge


HIIII! Today's color challenge was lilac, pink and celery. Perfect for spring! I didn't even know where to start, so this card just kind of evolved as I went along. I colored in parts of the Stitched bg with markers, but thought it looked to bright, so I added a layer of vellum. I so love the soft look vellum gives to anything! I used black stazon ink for the sentiment. Very feminine, I think.
Baseball season is slooooowly winding down, though we still have the playoffs. Then at the end of the month, we have a bunch (ok, really only 4) of people coming to stay with us, the most important one being my mom!!! Yes, she's finally coming out because she's going to have the walk through of her house and then the closing of her house at the end of the month. Then around the 30th, all of her stuff gets here! Oh my word, I still can't believe she's moving out here. It'll be such an emotional roller coaster ride for a while, but at least we'll be close enough to be able to help each other get through everything that's been dealt our way over the past year. This has to be the beginning of better times, right??
card info: stamps ~ stitched bg, always, elegant cheer. paper ~ lilac, pink, ww, vellum. ink ~ black stazon, black. access. ~ markers, ribbon, brads, coluzzle for the circle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very fresh and pretty! The color combo and pretty ribbon do make it so feminine. I'm happy to hear your Mom will be living close by now. Take care!

Tara said...

very cute...great job with the color challenge! I love how you colored in the stitched background!! :)
Glad to hear your mom will be here! :)

dawnmercedes said...

So fresh and lovely! I love it!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS