Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2nd day of Elzy sneaks!




What do you think of Elzy's wallpaper?? Hehe, yes, it took a bit of work, but I just HAD to paper piece this image! I love this little dinkie! I colored her "rollers" orange because they remind me of the real orange juice cans my mom used to roll her hair in! I'm talking the ones from the early 70s that were hard metal! She would sleep in them and then in the morning, take them out one by one, blow drying each section as she did it, so her hair was super straight. It's naturally very curly, but she didn't used to like wearing it that way. Ok, on to the card!
The rest of her was colored w/ either copics or SU markers. The card base was cuttlebugged. I faux stiched on the celery squares, which, by the way, match better w/ the "wallpaper" than this photo shows. The sentiment is up on dimensionals. Thanks for peeking in! Tomorrow will be the final day of peeks and also *RELEASE DAY*!!!!

hugs,


card info: stamps ~ elzybells UK. paper ~ ww, celery, dp. ink ~ black. access. ~ copics, SU markers, cuttlebug, piercer, gel pen, brads, punches.

7 comments:

Debi said...

Angel this ius adorable. Paper piecing her had to be quite the job.

Michelle Short said...

This is gorgeous Angel, I love the layout and that paper piecing! x

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love the *wallpaper*

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Angel!! Love your paper piecing! WOW!! So cute!

simplyfairies said...

Awww too cute, lourve the wallpaper, and organge cans...lol

Juliana said...

That paper piecing just BLOWS me away!
Such a cute card--and I love the tie in with your childhood memories!!

Suzie Q said...

Aww i love this stamp and i think its fab you decide to do a background - wow you must have patience !
x

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS