Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teacher's Pet

***check out my Blog Candy Post***

Hi all!  Here's my first project for this month's MFT guest designer challenge - Be a Teacher's Pet.  I used to work at a school and now that if you want to be a teacher's pet, let them know that they're appreciated and help them stay organized!  First, I took an 11x14 document frame and  made a class birthday chart to be hung on the wall in the classroom so everyone can see each other's birthdays!  I stamped out each month using their Inspired by Months of the Year stamp set, then cut them out using the tag from the Tag, You're It die-namics.  I used a different stamp or die-namic to represent something significant that takes place during that month.  I used copics to highlight certain parts of the stamps for extra interest.  The "B" and "C" were cut out using die-namics but the rest of the title was stamped with versamark and embossed with black embossing powder.  I used 10 different stamp sets and 8 different die-namics just on the chart alone!


Detail shots...





And here's the card to match...  like I said, a teacher loves to know that they're appreciated!!!  I used the  MFTWSC69 sketch.


The inside...


And here they are together...


Thanks for looking!  Don't go too far...  I have another project I made for this contest!  *wink*



9 comments:

Jenny said...

OMG!! I totally LOVE this! You are such a teacher's pet for sure;)!

KelliJo said...

Go figure YOU would know how to SUCK UP! ;) bwahahahah!!! This is AWESOME Angela!!!! Good Luck my friend... between you and Meredith you are just entering to make it "official" ;)

LOVE YA TONS!!!!! Can't wait to see the announcement!

Jackie Pedro said...

OH. MY. WORD. What an AWESOME project, Angel!

KJ called you a SUCK UP! LOL!

Karen Motz said...

This birthday chart is AMAZING!!!! It's going to come in sooooo handy for one lucky teacher!!!

Virgo5 said...

OMG Angel this is amazing! I love the Birthday Chart, what a clever idea! This couldn't be more perfect for the challenge!

Stacy Morgan said...

Angel this is awesome! I bet she loved it.... beautiful gift.

Kristie W. said...

Your chart is incredible! I love your attention to detail and how you incorporated so many stamps & dies into this piece of art. Congrats on being selected the MFT Guest Designer!

Heather Rogers said...

This is fabulous. Such a great idea! Congrats on your guest DT spot again. :)

Tara Godfrey said...

WOWZERS! This is such an amazing creation, Angel! I lOVE it and I am sure the lucky teacher who recieved it did too!!! SO much work and creativity!!! Congrats on another worthy win!
Hugs,t

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS