Friday, September 19, 2014

Merry Christmas - trio of challenges

*2nd post of the day - scroll down to see my Your Next Stamp Fun Friday post, please*

Hi all!  Here's a card I made using this week's color challenge, CC496 on SCS, the WT497 challenge to use stencils and the MFTWSC194 sketch.  The 'dessert' part of the color challenge was to make a Christmas card, so I thought, why not!   I used the Damask Designs set on the traditional tag STAX  -even though it's not a Christmas set, it sure does work for any occasion!  I used the large polka dot stencil on the pacific blue and electric red layers.  I then used the diagonal stripes stencil on the Sno cone strip and the tiny Sno cone pierced flag.  The pacific blue and Sno Cone layers were distressed.  The sentiment is from the Cheerful Christmas Greetings set (love the font!), which I stamped on one of the Blueprints 1 elements and cut to fit over the tag.  Another pierced flag and a wild cherry button with twine plus some old SU! ribbon add the finishing touches.  Oh, and the card base is smooth white (FAVORITE white card stock!!!), in case you were wondering ;)




Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a SUPER pretty card!! Congrats on your Happy Crafty News!!! :)

Greta said...

Wowzer! This would have won even if it wasn't a random drawing!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS