Sunday, August 2, 2015

May all your birthday wishes come true

Hi all!  Here's a card I made for the MTWSC239 sketch challenge and also for Lydia's Dare to Get Dirty challenge.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, head over to SplitCoastStampers and check it out!  I sponged two distress inks - peacock feathers and ripe persimmon - onto smooth white card stock.  I then took the MFT Garden Flourish background stamp and spritzed it with water.  I then took the sponged card stock and layer it on top of the dampened background stamp and pressed down all over the card stock so it would soak up as much water as possible.  The layer you see is the finished (dried!) result!  Love the subtle flourish images that came through!  I then stamped the white circle layer with the same image using Blu Raspberry ink that I had stamped off once.  The sentiment is from the BB Birthday Bears set, as well as the little present that I colored with Copics then fussy cut. I love that MFT's Tropical Teal card stock coordinated so well with the peacock feathers distress ink AND that their persimmon card stock matched the ripe persimmon distress ink!  I also had some enamel dots that matched as well - score!



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Eva said...

Awesome card, love the color combo!

Jill said...

Tropical Teal and Persimmon...two of my recent favorites! :) Great technique making for a fun card! :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge :)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS