Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Basic pomegranate color challenge



I started this one a few hours ago, then the little one woke up and well, I'm sure you know the how the rest of your day goes when you have a little one! Anyway, I do like this stamp set, but didn't feel like coloring it all in and that's where the Spotlight technique came in! What a great technique when you're feeling *lazy* or just don't have enough time. The *snowy* parts of the colored image have liquid applique on them. I sponged over the basic grey textured cs to soften it, plus it helps accentuate the texture. This is also my card for Beate's sketch challenge, WSC24 ~ her blog is listed on the right, so go check it out!! Alright, lots to do today ~ geesh, what else is new ~ so I better go! We are getting very *short*, as they say. We're down to 42 days left in paradise. I can't believe how quick the time flew, but time to move on. Ok, I'm blabbin'... thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Tara said...

great card...I love that you left most of it black and white...love the little bit of color!!
Also...I like your banner...I'm impressed you venture to try that stuff...I haven't yet, but hope to... maybe you can help me when you get here!! :)

Becky G said...

Great card, Angel! Love those colors together. Great job on the banner too! I haven't figured that one out yet. Glad that I found your blog.

Juliana said...

Beautiful spotlighting!! It is perfect for this stamp!!
~Juliana

Sara (deipara) said...

Love the card! :)

You've been tagged! See my blog: http://sarasstampingsanctuary.blogspot.com/ for details!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card! Gorgeous spotlighting! Can you tell me exactly how you did the snow, and is Crystal effects the same as liquid applique?
Thanks
Debbie

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS