Monday, August 18, 2008

DRS Designs blog challenge #2

This Monday's challenge on the DRS Designs blog is piercing!! And if you check out my work often, you'll know that I rarely make a card without piercing somewhere, so this is right up my alley! First the lightbulb stamp is DRS Designs' new ribbon slide ~ I made small cuts with craft knife on the lines of the bottom of the bulb (where I colored w/ a silver gel pen) and then I weaved silver cording through them all so they look like a string of lights. I love these because they remind me of Christmas's at my mawmaw's when we had lots of family living close by. Aaahhh, days when life seemed to make sense. Ok, let me stop there... Back to the card ~ the bulbs also have crystal effects on them, so they're nice and shiny! The pine needles and sentiment are also from DRS Designs. For the larger white panel, I first scored with my plain ol' scoring blade on my cutter (I just eye-balled it), then I pierced inside each diamond. Added the right touch, I think! Thanks for stopping by!
card info: stamps ~ drs designs. paper ~ red, ww, choc. ink ~ choc. access. ~ markers, piercer, scoring blade, silver cord, crystal effects, silver gel pen.






4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute, I love the lights!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love your grid technique!! :)

Debi said...

Very nicely done Angel!

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card, very crisp!
Clairex

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS