Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A trio of challenges...

Hi all! Hope everyone is enjoying their spring break - well, at least it's spring break for us! I'm so grateful to have some time to do some spring cleaning and STAMPING! ;)
I made this card for three challenges. One is today's color challenge over on SCS. I haven't posted a card on the same day as a challenge since last summer, I think! The other challenge is MFT's weekly sketch challenge. And the final challenge is Joanne B's blog challenge. You had to pick three things from a list she gave and my 3 are faux stitching, kraft paper and twine. This is my first Fred Bear stamp from MFT and let me tell ya, he was SO fun to color! I colored him with an aquapainter using suede and baja inks. I used copics for the grass, a gold copic spica pen for the flower centers and a white gel pen for the flower petals. Fortunately, I was able to use some of my new twine, also from MFT, and their newest border die, which I think is called the dizzy border, but it seems to be sold out. My mini rolled rose has liquid pearls in the center because I didn't have the right size pearl bling to put in there. I decided to not put a sentiment just yet, because I'm finding myself short on birthday cards lately.
Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Gabby said...

Cute card! Like the way you colored your bear. :)

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK.. Totally adorable girl! I love the bear and the twine is a great touch.

Karen Motz said...

How totally sweet is this!!! I love how you used the dizzy border and Fred looks so sweet!!!

Unknown said...

This is adorable, your watercoloring on Fred is spectacular! Thanks SO much for playing along!

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute - Fred Bear has never looked better.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This card is sensational too! I LOVE Fred Bear, and you've colored him up beautifully! :D

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

so adorable, love the way you used the doily with this.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS