Wednesday, April 4, 2012

MFTWSC66, Love my mom

Hi!!! Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge by MFT! I couldn't resist using the newly released PI Dress Up Diva! I paper pieced her dress and added some shading to accentuate the slight ruffling in the bottom of the dress. I used a flicking motion to give her boa a feathery look. And who doesn't love trying on black patent leather heels?? I used the Pinking Edge border die-namic on the right side of the Fishtail Flags Stax layer. The sentiment was also cut out using the Fishtail Flags Stax. I just turned it so it cut the fishtail on both ends. Two tiny brads were added to the upper left corner. I love the tone on tone look of the button, twine and ribbon!


Here's a detail shot. I used liquid pearls on the flower center and her pearl necklace. Smooch was used on the ribbon on her hat and the purse.

Thanks for stopping by!!!


Hugs,

6 comments:

Inge Groot said...

Such a cute card, love those little pearls and the paperpiecing!

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute, the pearls look great.

Melody said...

Oh so sweet!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

She is so adorable! I am going to miss you on the design team. I still think you should be a permanent player!

Jodi Collins said...

Just GORGEOUS girlie! LOVE these papers with her...her dress is perfect!

Judy Rozema said...

This is so darling and precious, Angel. Your paper piecing is adorable! So glad to see you share this at our Really Reasonable Ribbon Buttons and Bows Challenge.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS