Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 232!!!

Hi all!  I have the privilege of joining the wonderful Flourishes DT as the host for this week's Timeless Tuesday challenge!  Wahoo - SO exciting!!!  My challenge is to create your own background - yes, nice and easy and you're welcome, ha!  I used their scrumptious Wild for Watermelon set.  The beauty of Flourishes sets is that they come with SO many stamps that all coordinate, so creating your own background is a breeze.  For my card, I chose one of the smaller pieces of watermelon and inked it with a jellybean green ink onto green cardstock for a tone-on-tone look.  I also inked the same image with pink lemonade ink for a little extra touch under the sentiment.  My focal image was colored with copics.  A bit of black seam binding and voila!


Close up...  Don't you love that sentiment?  It makes me *smile*.


Here is a list of the participating DT and our August guest designer ~ prepare to be AMAZED!  :)

Allison Cope
Broni Holcombe
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton
Jenny Gropp
Judy Rozema
Katie Sims
Marie Ross - our August guest designer

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing all of your creations!  Be sure to stop by the Flourishes Blog for the Challenge Rules!  Yes - you could WIN just for playing along!  Good luck!

7 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely fabulous challenge for this week Angel! I think it's going to be a great hit with our fans and participants! WTG! Your example is too stinkin' cute!

Stacy Morgan said...

Yummo! This is darling Angel, and looks good enough to eat. Hugs girlie...

NPurdum56 said...

Adorable! I LOVE that sentiment! Perfect choice for this card! :) Nancee

Marlena M. said...

I LOVE THIS!!! Fantastic background and color scheme Angel!

Cheryl said...

GREAT card! Beautiful coloring, and I love the background. Wish I could have found a real watermelon that looked this good this year! Yum! ;)

Katie Sims said...

This is precious! Love the watermelon stamped as a BG....Thanks for a great challenge this week. I am so glad I got to "meet" you and see your lovely work! :)

Deborah Anton said...

Fabulous challenge Angel!!! Your card is beautiful with all the fun summery colors and yummy watermelon!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS