Friday, October 5, 2007

Challenge combo card


I've completely cleaned out my laundry room from top to bottom, got rid of lots of trash and junk, set aside some things for a yard sale I'll have in a couple of weeks. I've also gone through my youngests' closet, some of my scrapbook stuff, got all of our immunizations done, had my oldest two go through and get rid of any toys they no longer want or were broken, ordered a part for the car, set up an appt. to have the scratch on the door repaired and let's not forget all the *regular* stuff like laundry, cooking, etc. ~ so is it safe to say I deserved a *stampin' break*?? Well, I think so and therefore, gave myself a much needed break last night!
I hadn't done this weeks' sketch challenge, ways to use it challenge or the limited supply challenge so this one card combines ALL three for this week!! This is my first time cutting into my *yummy* Outlaw dp. Yes, it hurt a little, but some sacrifices need to be made in the name of stampin', no? I absolutely love stamping on twill, so when I saw the twill WT134 challenge I knew that's what I wanted to do. This is a great sketch, gives you so many options for the top panel and what to use for the little tab. And yes, I used that wonderful little tool, my Cropodile, to add the eyelets to the twill ~ worked perfectly! Added some faux saddle stitching (I think that's what it's called?!) and hemp.
I want to publicly thank Tara (her blog is listed on the right, go check out her awesome work!) for taking pics of our house while it's being built!! How fortunate are we to have found someone that lives blocks away from our new home and is willing to take pics for us?? Not to mention she's also an SU demo and has boys the same ages as mine?!!! Just makes us feel even better about moving to Katy ~ we've already *met* a wonderful person and we haven't even moved there yet!! Yes, we are feeling very blessed! Can't wait to meet you, Tara!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Card info: paper ~ sage, vanilla, outlaw dp. ink ~ choc, cocoa. accessories ~ cutter tool, twill, eyelets, piercer, marker, cropodile, sponge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my you have been busy! Well glad you got to stamp. Looks wonderful and 3 challenges, awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures of the house and the progress!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS