Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Almost done w/ my Christmas cards!

First, let me apologize for the pic. I always think cards look better if the pic was taken using natural light. And since I don't own an Ott light or any other kind of fancy schmancy stuff like that, I had to use the regular lighting in my living room. {ok, sorry for the small rant about my lighting issues!}
This card was made for today's color challenge ~ baja, kiwi, basic grey and night of navy(optional). This is my first time inking up this set! Yikes! And it's such a simple set to work with, I think. The snowflakes were stamped in baja and night of navy ink. The tree is stamped in basic grey. I added a baja snowflake next to the sentiment and put a gemstone (Martha Stewart) in the center. And just a bit of info, the sentiment is there because of a boo-boo on the tree layer. Worked out just fine ~ love when that happens!
Ok, so I'm down to less than 10 cards to make and mail. I've already mailed over 30, maybe even over 40. I'm hoping once everyone gets our new addy (we moved here after last Christmas), we'll receive more Christmas cards!! And I'm down to a few presents left to buy and I'M DONE! Phew. What a good feeling. Thanks for stopping by!!
card info: stamps ~ SU season of friendship, holidays & wishes. paper ~ baja, basic grey, kiwi, dp. ink ~ basic grey, baja, night of navy. access. ~ bling, taffeta ribbon.

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I like this and the lighting is fine. Adds character. I like the layout and colors Angel!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Angel!! :) The tree looks fabulous!! TFS!!

Judy Rozema said...

Really neat! Did you get an Ott for Christmas? I finally bought myself one in November!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS