Sunday, October 2, 2011

Enjoy the simple things gift set


***little warning: picture heavy post***

Hi all! Hope everyone's enjoying nicer weather! It's crazy how cool a high in the upper 80s feels compared to our 100+ degree norm of the summer. On to the project!

I made this sweet little gift set for the latest MFT guest designer challenge. I've had that glass jar for at least a year and it was calling my name for this challenge! Ever since I got the new fence dienamics from MFT, I've had the idea to use the leafy flourish dienamic as a vine and weave it through the fence. That's where this whole project started! On the jar itself, I've used the
following dienamics: medium scallop, leafy flourish, woodgrain fence, dizzy doily duo, You Move Me, Homespun Birdhouse, and mini rolled roses. On the bag, I used these dienamics: leafy flourish, Tag You're It, dizzy doily duo, woodgrain fence and You Move Me (the little butterfly). The card has the following dienamics: woodgrain fence, leafy flourish, dizzy doily duo, You Move Me and the file tab for the sentiment, which I shortened using Joanne's helpful hint! Between the three items, I used the following stamp sets: Tag You're It, Aim High PI, Homespun Birdhouse and Feeling Froggy PI. The finishing touches are twine, lace and lots o' bling! Oh! And the "post" that the birdhouse is on was stamped onto cork then cut out.


















If you made it all the way to the end of my post - thanks! Hope you enjoyed the extra detail pics! I'm happy to say that I have one teacher's gift DONE! And yes, those are peanut M&M's in the jar - don't worry, I won't be giving her those! She'll get a fresh batch, ha!

Hugs,

8 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

I have no words.....this is AWESOME, Angel!!

Jody Morrow said...

Super sweet gift! I love the colors! Very cute!

Rachel G said...

Very cute!

Deborah Anton said...

SO CUTE!! I have got to play this one... but in one day?!! LOL!

Michele Boyer said...

W-O-W! This is AMAZING!!

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, Angel! I love the colours combo too! Fabulous creations!!!Best of luck with the GDT contest!
Hugs,t

Jodi Collins said...

Oh.My.WORDS. Angel, this is EXQUISITE!!!

Lisa H. said...

this is sooooo, so cute!!! wow!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS