Monday, August 1, 2011

Birthday boy pin


Hi all! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! I had some time to get crafty today and worked on my entry for this month's MFT guest DT challenge. My youngest will turn 8 (gasp!) in a couple of weeks, so he was my inspiration for this pin. I had a BLAST making this! The boy is from their Ahoy Matey set. He normally has an eye patch over his right eye and a scarf on his head, not to mention his entire lower body! I only inked up part of his face and upper body so that I could add his right "eye" and a birthday hat! Fun, right?! His hat (and the pointy "spikes" around the outsi
de of the pin) were made using one of their banner dies ( I forget the name!). I also used two of the dizzy doily dienamics, the fishtail banner dienamics and the dienamic that comes with the You Move Me set. LOVE 'em all!!! The kraft colored piece I have the boy mounted on is actually a piece of corrugated paper I've had forever and finally used! OH! Almost forgot... the red strip is one of their border dienamics, too! Dimensionals and two embossing folders add LOTS of texture and, well, dimension! The glitter brad was "approved" by my soon-to-be 8 y.o. - as long as it was green! He thought the pin was pretty cool and proudly showed his brothers! Yay!!! :) Here's a pic of him wearing it:


Ain't he cute?!!!

Ok, well, wish me luck and have a great week!

Hugs,

8 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is AWESOME, Angel! So many fun details!!!

Melody said...

So creative and fun!! Love how you used all the dies!

Jenny said...

Congrats on the win!! This is such an awesome birthday button- so much fun! Love all the dies and how you left off the eyepatch and added the hat! Can't wait to see what you create for the next release...You are gonna freak when your big ol MFT package arrives in the mailbox!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute photo. hee hee I like the birthday badge very cool! Congats on the GDT! Very cool!!!

Tara said...

so cute!! where did ya'll move too? almost 8...can't believe these boys are so old!

busylizzy said...

He IS cute and so is that adorable birthday button!

g said...

oh WOW- this is such a totally awesome birthday button! i want one LOL! i just love how you combined all the dies & stamped the little boy- so way cool! Big congrats on winning the MFT guest dt spot- i can't wait to see more of your creations!!

Anonymous said...

Card is awesome!!! Braden is awesome, awesome!!!


Beautiful!!...like my daughter

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS