Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sketches make me happy!

Hi all! Well, the boys are back in school! I thought I was ready until I dropped off my middle one at middle school (the 9th grader caught the bus - ACK, one in high school!). Seeing my sweet middle child walking around those monstrous high schoolers (his campus is combined with the high school) freaked me out! I cried! Ugh. Then dropping off the 3rd grader wasn't any easier... but they all came home and said they had a pretty good day, so I felt better. On to the craftiness!
This week's sketch was a tough one for me! Something about skinny tilted panels... so I took the easy way out! Dienamics to the rescue! I finally broke down and got these Butterfly dienamics. Aren't they so pretty!?! I decided to go all Jackie Pedro on you and ruffle up some velvet ribbon. Maybe I should let Jackie do it since she's better? :) The only stamping is the sentiment, which is from the Triple Scoop promo set, All Smiles. I highlighted the word "You" with a marker. The sentiment was cut out using the File Tab dienamic, but I snipped off the edges so it looks like I just rounded the edges. The panel that the sentiment is attached to is up on pop dots because of the bulky ribbon. I added silver pearls to the butterflies, partly because I had to cover up a small boo-boo (he!), then added larger pearls to all four corners. On the inside, I simple added some dp cut out using Dizzy Border dienamic with another strip of dp on top.
Thanks for popping in! Be sure and check out the MFT Blog to see the list of designers working with the sketch this week!!!

Hugs,

7 comments:

Melody said...

The butterflies are such a cute idea!! I love the ribbon treatment too!

Jackie Pedro said...

You don't need me to do the ribbon!! This looks awesome!! Beautiful card, Angel!

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous card Angel, those butterflies are beautiful!

Sarah Gough said...

love all those butterflies!

Michele Boyer said...

So pretty! I love the ribbon and butterflies! :)

Kelli Hull said...

Lookin GOOD my friend!!!! I will have to order the Triple Scoop set as mine got forgotten from my order! LOL

YAY for back to school... we are ALMOST there, and lately I am tempted to run away after she leaves for the day!!!! **sigh**

HUGS FRIEND!!!

kj

Lisa H. said...

love how you used the sketch...yeah those butterflies are pretty fantastic! really pretty!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS